Today, we’re excited to bring you the latest release of KeyVR that introduces new multi-user sessions with KeyVR Connect along with new augmented reality and environment control capabilities for the creation of interactive product experiences.
KeyVR gave designers the fastest route available to go from 3D to VR whether the need is for design reviews and concept approvals or customer walkthroughs and interactive presentations.
This release adds the largest number of features to date including new tool and interface capabilities, more control and accessibility options, many performance optimizations and UI/UX updates, and new licensing options. Important new features and updates include:
KeyVR Connect allows you to engage colleagues around the world, in the same virtual space, at the same time, leading to enhanced communication and increased time for collaborative design exploration. KeyVR use cases span the spectrum of the design pipeline, used for rapid design review, virtual stores, architectural presentations and more. KeyVR Connect includes the same features of KeyVR with options for you to host a session or join a session for machines connected on the same network as well as set up paths for automatic loading and sharing of scenes.
“KeyVR has become an important tool for our team in the early stages of our design process,” says Philippe Vossel, Sr. Industrial Designer at Sonos. “It enables us to dial in the visual proportions of a product by allowing us to rapidly explore design adjustments together in a short amount of time.”
New Tools and Interface Capabilities
- Augmented Reality – Augmented reality is here with the new XR Mode that replaces the scene environment with real-time camera imagery if available (supports Valve Index, Varjo XR product line and NVIDIA’s CloudXR 1.0 and 2.0 on desktop and mobile devices).
- Measure Tool – The new Measure tool allows you to make any number of measurements in the scene and includes optional snapping.
- Precise Move Objects – The new Precise Move Objects tool allows you to move objects with greater precision without accidental jittering and includes optional snapping.
- Held Objects – You may now rotate objects in Precise or Regular Move Object mode with optional snapping. Objects held in Move Object mode will now remain in-hand while you fly, teleport, or switch cameras with the other controller.
- Scene Units – Scene unit selection is now available for measurements and snapping.
- Teleport Rotation – When you teleport from one location to another you may now rotate while teleporting by dragging a line.
- Multiple Ground Levels – Define different levels through camera placement and stay aligned to the ground when teleporting in scenes with multiple floors.
- Avatar Scaling – Scale your avatar between 1/1000x and 20x of their actual height. Useful to inspect smaller scenes in more detail or adjust scenes with incorrect scale on-the-fly.
Control and Accessibility Options
- Confine to Environment – You may now confine the VR user to the scene’s environment to prevent accidental escape.
- Mouse Support – Support for using the mouse as a controller replacement when in VR mode is now available to allow remote controlling of VR experiences.
- Controller Improvements – Rotation in fly mode has been changed from swipe to normal analog stick move or button press (depending on controller) to allow for faster turning. Controller vibration can now be toggled on or off.
- Customizable Resolution – You now have a set of fully customizable graphics settings which include presets for Ultra, High, Medium, and Low.
Performance Optimizations and Licensing
- Material Baking – New material baking allows KeyVR to support various material effects better, such as Labels, and caching provides for improved load times.
- NVIDIA VRS Support – Support for NVIDIA Variable Rate Shading (VRS) technology on supported GPUs provides improved performance while maintaining high visual fidelity.
- Memory Optimization – Memory optimizations now allows KeyVR to load scenes with many more environments than before.
- New Licensing Options – New options for Subscription, Floating, and Node-locked licenses are now available and delivered on Luxion’s new licensing system which allows automatic activation and removes the need for serial codes.
Try or Update Today
The update is available today. All current KeyVR subscribers will receive a notification and update option when they start KeyVR. With a KeyVR subscription you get all the updates released throughout the year. If you’re interested in trying the new updates or purchasing KeyVR, simply visit the KeyShot Portal and submit the form.
How Can I Use KeyVR?
We created KeyVR for five reasons. We wanted to provide a product that eliminates the challenges associated with creating virtual reality experiences, in a solution that allows you to:
- Explore designs interactively in a ‘real world’ context.
- Review designs to refine fit and function.
- View model, material, and environment variations.
- Experience in-context product animations.
- Use natural views to determine the best product shots.
And we wanted it all to fit right inside your current visualization workflow. KeyVR perfectly complements KeyShot as a visualization solution to assist you in exploring your design intent while maintaining the visual quality in a product anyone can use.
Try KeyVR Today
Built on the core framework of Luxion’s KeyShot 3D rendering software, KeyVR offers an unmatched level of realism and material fidelity with the highest quality results and widest support among VR hardware.