Last updated September 22nd, 2021. Replaces the prior version in its entirety.
- www.keyshot.com – The www.keyshot.com website serves as a place of information about KeyShot software and community for KeyShot users. KeyShot users post questions and share content on the KeyShot forum (https://www.keyshot.com/forum), visuals shared by users are display in the KeyShot gallery (https://www.keyshot.com/gallery/) and KeyShot Resources are shared on KeyShot Cloud (https://cloud.keyshot.com/).
- KeyShot – KeyShot is a stand-alone, desktop application for Mac and PC. The software and software add-ons and plugins are downloaded directly to the client’s computer and installed. Licensing occurs after the software is installed and the license is confirmed by the Luxion license server via an internet connection. Activation information is the only information transmitted in the process. Upon installing the KeyShot software, users will be prompted to accept the End User License Agreement (EULA), which covers the licensing of KeyShot software. Upon agreement of the EULA and activation of the licensing, users can fully operate the KeyShot software with no required connection to Luxion websites.
- KeyShot Cloud – KeyShot Cloud is a website accessed at https://cloud.keyshot.com/ with a username and password independent of the KeyShot license. KeyShot Cloud is used to find and share KeyShot resources. Resources include KeyShot Materials, Environments, Backplates, Textures and Models. Resources do not include, full scenes, documents or personal user data. End user participation in the KeyShot Cloud is optional.
- KeyShot Portal – KeyShot Portal is a website accessed at https://portal.keyshot.com/ with a username and password independent of the KeyShot license. KeyShot Portal is used to manage Trial License grants and support tickets. Users that create a portal account will be linked to an existing Cloud accounts with the same credentials if it exists. A paid KeyShot license does not require a portal account.
1. Your Agreement With Luxion
1.1 Choice of Law. Your relationship is with Luxion, a United States company, and you agree to be bound by the laws of California and the laws of the United States.
2. Your Content
2.1 Ownership: You retain all rights and ownership to your content. Luxion does not claim any ownership rights to your content.
2.2 License to Your Content: Even though we do not claim ownership of your content, we do need certain licenses to your content in order support the website and software. When you upload or submit content to website or KeyShot Cloud, you grant Luxion (and our partners) a worldwide license to communicate, distribute, host, make modifications or derivative works (for the sole purpose to better showcase your work), publicly display, publicly perform, publish, reproduce, store, and use such content. The license granted by you is for the only purpose of operating, marketing, promoting, and improving our website and software. We will attribute to you if we incorporate your content into a Luxion feature or into promotional or marketing materials.
2.3 Accessing and Sharing Your Content: By submitting your content to our website or software, you also give other Luxion users the right to share your content via various social media platforms integrated with Luxion Services. We may offer you ways to access and remove your content. Our website and software may also provide ways for you to limit the scope of use and access and other user’s access and use of your content. You are responsible for determining the limitations that are placed on your content and for applying the appropriate level of access to your content. We do not monitor or control what others do with your content. It is your responsibility to let other users know how your content may be shared and adjust the setting related to accessing and sharing your content accordingly.
2.4 Termination of License: You may terminate this license at any time by requesting your content be removed from the website or software. However, you agree that Luxion may retain and use copies of your content for archival or backup purposes and for the investigation purpose mentioned later.
2.5 Feedback: You have no obligation to provide Luxion with ideas, suggestions or proposals (“feedback”). If you submit feedback to Luxion, we may use it for any purpose without compensation to you and have no obligation to keep your feedback confidential.
3. Who Can Use Our Website or Software
3.1 Software Eligibility: You may only use our website and software if you are legally capable of entering into a binding contract.
3.2 International Users: Pages describing the website and software are accessible from around the world but this does not mean all features are available in your country, or that user-generated content is legal in your country. Luxion may block access to certain features or content in certain countries. It is your responsibility to make sure your use is legal in the country where you live. Content is not available in all languages.
4. Account Information
You may need to create an account with us in order to use our website and software. It is your responsibility to keep your login credentials secure and you are responsible to Luxion for all activities that occur via your account. Unless Luxion expressly allows you the right to create and manage account information as an account administrator for a company or as part of a team account, you may not use another person’s account information.
5. User Conduct
5.2 Impersonation: Because Luxion is all about professionals receiving credit for what they create, we require that you (and you agree to) using your real name in your profile. If we in good faith believe that you have created an account impersonating another person, we may, in our sole discretion and after an internal investigation, either transfer your account to the person who you are pretending to be or terminate your account with no liability to you.
5.3 Tell Us If You See Others Abusing The Website or Software: Please report any problematic behavior or content you see by contacting us (or clicking the “Report” button where applicable) to tell us about it.
6. Use of Our Website and Software
6.1 Certain features and content may be available only if you have paid a fee or have provided certain account information.
6.2 Unless otherwise stated in a separate agreement, we are not responsible for (a) the loss, corruption, or damage to your content, (b) the deletion or accuracy of your content, or (c) the security, privacy, or communications related to your content.
6.3 We may create limits on the use of website and software, including limitation on file size and storage space. Luxion may require you to delete your content until you are within certain storage space limits.
6.4 We may include links to websites or services that we do not operate. We have no control over and are not responsible for the content appearing on these websites or services.
6.5 User-Generated Content: The www.keyshot.com website hosts user-generated content from our users. If you access our website, you may come across content that you may find offensive or upsetting. You agree that if the content at issue meets the Terms, your sole remedy is to simply stop viewing the content that bothers you. If the content violates the Terms, you agree your sole remedy is to tell us by contacting us (or clicking on the “Report” button where applicable).
7.1 Usage Fees: There are no fees to use the KeyShot website, or for users of the KeyShot software and/or those with a valid user account. Certain features may require a valid serial number and/or validation of certain versions of the KeyShot software in order to access all or part of such features. Fee terms will be made available and users notified in such case that new features are added.
7.2 You are responsible for paying all taxes levied in connection with your use of the website or software. Your ability to access the website or software may require payment of third-party fees (such as telephone toll charges, mobile carrier fees, ISP, data plan, credit card fees, foreign exchange fees, etc.), which are solely your responsibility.
8.1 We do not review all content uploaded to the website or software but we may use available technologies or processes to screen for certain types of illegal content (for example, child pornography) or other abusive content or behavior (for example, patterns of activity that indicate spam or phishing, or keywords that indicate adult content has been posted).
8.2 Luxion may access or disclose information about you, or your use of website or software, (a) when it is required by law (such as when we receive a valid subpoena or search warrant); (b) to respond to your requests for customer service support; or (c) where we, in our discretion, think it is necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Luxion, our users, or the public.
9. Luxion’s Materials
9.1 Luxion Resources: The website and software and any trademarks, logo, sample code, or other content and assets (“Luxion Resources”) that Luxion provides to you as part of the website and software are protected by intellectual property rights. Using our website and software does not give you ownership of any such intellectual property rights. You may not use content accessible from our website and software unless you obtain permission from its owner or are otherwise permitted by law. You are not permitted to use Luxion’s trademarks and logos related to the website and software without our prior consent. Do not remove, obscure, or alter any text or proprietary notices contained in the Luxion Resources. You cannot use the Luxion Resources to construct any kind of database.
9.2 Software: If we make certain software available to you as part of the website and software (other than Luxion API, which is licensed below), then the software may be subject to a separate license agreement. If the software is a pre-release version, then the pre-release software is provided to you AS-IS and you are not permitted use the software for any commercial or production purposes (unless we have given you specific written permission stating otherwise). If no such separate license agreement is available, then Luxion grants you a personal, non-transferrable, non-sublicensable license to use the software solely for the purpose of allowing you to use the Services in the manner permitted in these Terms. You may not copy, modify, distribute, sell, or lease any part of the website or software, nor may you reverse engineer or decompile the software unless laws prohibit these restrictions and you have made written request to us first. The software may automatically download and install updates from Luxion. These updates are designed to improve and enhance the software and may take the form of bug fixes, new software modules, and completely new versions. You agree to receive such updates (and permit Luxion to deliver these updates to you without your knowledge) as part of your use of the software.
9.3 Luxion API: If we make the Luxion API available to you as part of the software, then we grant you a personal, non-exclusive, non-sublicenseable license to use the Luxion API solely for non-commercial purposes in a manner permitted in these Terms (unless we have given you specific written permission stating otherwise), and further subject to the following restrictions:
- You shall comply with any requirements or restrictions imposed by content owners for the use of their content or project available through our website and software. You shall remove any such content or project from your application within 24 hours of the content owner’s request.
- You shall not use Luxion API for any application that replicates or attempts to replace the essential user experience of our website and software.
- You shall not conceal or obscure your identity or your application’s identity.
- You may not copy, modify, distribute, sell, or lease any part of the Luxion API, nor may you reverse engineer or decompile the Luxion API unless laws prohibit these restrictions and you have made written request to us first.
- You shall not cache or store any Luxion Resources other than as necessary to operate your service (but no more than 30 days).
- You shall not use Luxion API for any application related to spyware, adware, or other malicious programs or code.
- You shall not use Luxion API in any manner that violates any law or regulations or infringes any third-party rights, including the right of privacy or rights of publicity.
- You shall not use Luxion API in a manner that would adversely impact the stability of our website and software or other applications using the Luxion API.
- The Luxion API license shall terminate automatically if you violate any of these terms or if Luxion terminates the license at any time upon notice to you.
10. Your Warranty and Indemnification Obligations
10.1 You represent and warrant that you own all intellectual property rights (or have obtained all necessary permissions) to your content and have the right to grant us the license stated in Section 2.2 above.
10.2 You also represent and warrant that your content will not violate or infringe any intellectual property right or other proprietary rights, including the right of publicity or privacy, of any person or entity.
10.3 You agree to indemnify and hold Luxion and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, employees, co-branders or other partners, and licensors harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, due to or arising out of your content, your use of the website and software or Luxion Resources, your violation of the Terms, or your violation of any rights of another.
11. Our Disclaimer of Warranties
11.1 You acknowledge and agree that by accessing or using the website and software, you may be exposed to materials from others that you may consider offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, and agree to accept that risk. Views expressed on our website or through our website and software do not necessarily reflect our views. We do not support or endorse certain content posted by you or other users. Certain content from others may be incorrectly labeled, rated, or categorized.
11.2 Although we do what we can to provide security measures to protect your content, we are not liable for any damages resulting from the disclosure of your content.
11.3 Disclaimer of Warranties: YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE WEBSITE, SOFTWARE AND LUXION RESOURCES ARE PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE. FOR EXAMPLE, WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT (a) THE WEBSITE OR SOFTWARE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR WILL BE CONSTANTLY AVAILABLE, UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE; (b) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE WEBSITE OR SOFTWARE WILL BE EFFECTIVE, ACCURATE, OR RELIABLE; OR THAT (c) ANY ERRORS OR DEFECTS IN THE WEBSITE OR SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
12. Our Limitation of Liability
12.1 Limitation of Liability: IN NO EVENT SHALL LUXION, AND LUXION’S LICENSORS OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES WHATSOEVER.
12.2 LUXION AFFILIATES’ AGGREGATE LIABILITY UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE LIMITED TO US $100 OR THE AGGREGATE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE OR SOFTWARE DURING THE THREE-MONTH PERIOD PRECEDING THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO SUCH LIABILITY, WHICHEVER IS LARGER.
12.3 THE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS IN THIS SECTION APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW IN YOUR JURISDICTION.
13. Settling Disputes With Luxion
13.1 Any dispute you have with Luxion must be resolved by you in a court located in Orange County, California, unless otherwise agreed in writing. You agree to the personal jurisdiction of the federal and state courts located in Orange County, California.
13.2 Disclaimer: You and Luxion each disclaim the U.N. Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods. We both agree it does not apply to the website or software.
14.1 You can stop using our website or software at any time.
14.2 We may add, modify, or remove features or functionalities, and we may suspend or stop a feature. We may also stop providing access to you, or add or create new limits to our website and software at any time.
14.3 Any fees or software purchases that you paid prior to termination are not refundable. Termination of your account does not relieve you of any payment obligations.
14.4 If a website or software is terminated or discontinued, then we will make reasonable effort to notify you and provide an opportunity to retrieve your content. If a Luxion administrator terminates your access, then you may no longer be able to access content that you or other members have posted. You may, however, still access your content stored on your personal account.
15.1 Notice to Luxion: Unless the Terms or Additional Terms say otherwise, you must send any notices to: Luxion Inc., 15143 Woodlawn Ave., Tustin, CA 92780.
15.2 Notice to You: Luxion will give notices to you either via email, regular mail, text message, postings on or within the website or software, or other means reasonable for the type of notice provided.
16. Notification of Copyright Infringement
16.1 We respect the intellectual property rights of others and we expect our users to do the same. Luxion will respond to clear notices of copyright infringement consistent with the U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”).
16.2 Notifying Us of Copyright Infringement: If you believe the website or software is hosting content that infringes your copyright, please let us know by filling out the form that you will find here. If you would prefer to submit a notice to our Copyright Agent (address below) in writing, it must contain all of the following:
- A description of the copyrighted work(s) you believe are infringed.
- The exact location (URL) where the infringing material resides.
- Contact information so that we may reach you (email address, physical address or telephone number).
- A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the use of the material identified in your notice in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement by you that the information in your notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
- Your signature.
Before you file an infringement notice, please carefully consider whether or not the use of copyrighted material at issue is protected by the “fair use” doctrine, as you could be liable for costs and attorneys’ fees should you file a takedown notice where there is no infringing use. Please also check to make sure you haven’t authorized the use at issue (for example, whether you have given a creative professional who prepared materials for your company the right to use those materials as examples of his or her past work). If you are unsure whether a use of your copyrighted material constitutes infringement, please contact an attorney. You may also wish to consult publicly available reference materials such as those found at the U.S. Copyright website (www.copyright.gov) or at the Chilling Effects website (www.chillingeffects.org).
16.3 If you believe access to your content was disabled or removed by Luxion as a result of an improper copyright infringement notice, please send our Copyright Agent (contact information below) a written counter-notice that contains all of the following:
- A description of the work improperly removed, along with your username and the location where that work resided.
- Contact information so that we can reach you, such as email address, your physical address and telephone number.
- A statement under penalty of perjury, signed by you, that you have a good-faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification.
- A statement that you consent to jurisdiction of the Federal District court for the district where you reside (or of Orange County, California if you reside outside of the United Sates) and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification under DMCA subsection (c)(1)(C) or an agent of such person.
Before you file a counter-notice, please carefully consider whether or not your use of the copyrighted material at issue is infringing, as you could be liable for costs and attorneys’ fees in the event that a court decides your counter-notice misrepresented that the material was removed by mistake. If you are unsure whether the use of the material at issue constitutes infringement, please contact an attorney. In addition, you may wish to consult publicly available reference materials such as those found at the U.S. Copyright website (www.copyright.gov) or at the Chilling Effects website (www.chillingeffects.org).
16.4 The mailing address for the Luxion Copyright Agent is:
15143 Woodlawn Ave.
Tustin, CA 92780
Via email: [email protected]
17. About these Terms
17.1 Export Control: You acknowledge that the website and software, and your use and handling of the website and software, are subject to U.S. and international laws, restrictions, and regulations that may govern the import, export, and use of the website and software. You agree to comply with all such laws, restrictions, and regulations.
17.2 English Version: The English version of this agreement will be the version used when interpreting or construing this agreement.
17.3 Severability: If a court finds any section of the Terms or Additional Terms invalid or unenforceable, the rest of the Terms or Additional Terms still apply.
17.4 No Waiver: If we don’t enforce (or we delay enforcement) of the Terms or Additional Terms against you, we haven’t waived our enforcement rights.
17.5 Assignment or Transfer: You cannot assign or transfer your rights or obligations under this agreement to someone else without Luxion’s written permission. We can transfer our rights and obligations to you (if we are acquired by or merge with another company or otherwise) without your permission.