There’s nothing quite like the beauty of custom, handcrafted work. Livery Design Gruppe (LDG) is known for beautiful, hand-crafted work and the attention to detail that seeps through every facet of their sleek fixed-gear bicycles. They design and manufacture complete bicycles from the steel or aluminum frame and forks to the stems, hubs, headsets and everything else that goes into creating these popular bikes. They also use KeyShot throughout the development process, bringing models out of SolidWorks and into KeyShot to refine the look and feel of the design. Recently, we teamed up with LDG to explore the possibilities of a custom design that incorporated unique materials and a look that’s as simple and smooth as KeyShot itself.
The Custom LDG KeyShot Fixed-Gear Bicycle
This bicycle is a creation born out of a partnership between Livery Design Gruppe of Huntington Beach, California and Luxion, creators of KeyShot. This bicycle and many of the parts were modeled in SolidWorks. LDG coordinated colors, materials, finishes and overall aesthetic with Luxion. Multiple design iterations and design reviews took place to arrive at the final design, with all the layout and rendering work taking place in KeyShot. The KeyShot logo was modeled in SolidWorks and 3D printed to be attached as a head badge to the head tube and brake stem.
- Custom painted by Livery Design Gruppe’s in-house airbrush artist, Joshua P. Harris.
- Paint used is an exact paintcode match of the Lamborghini Aventador (Bianco Canopus).
- Brand aesthetic carried throughout the entire bike build, including the following custom and specialty parts:
- Blue Anodized Spoke Nipples
- Blue Anodized Chain Ring Bolts,
- LDG 1-1/8” Integrated Headset,
- LDG Blue Anodized Hollow Axle Bottom Bracket
- LDG Standard Crankset w/ Matte Silver Anodized Crank Arms & 50T 130 BCD LDG Full CNC Chainring
- LDG 6 Bolt Lock-On Cog Hub Set in Silver Anodized
- LD:Labs Titanium Seatpost
- And more
- All branding is airbrushed on to the bike – no stickers or water decals
- Custom 3D Printed Head Badge
- Frame is our LD:Labs Aluminum Aero MK3 Frameset w/ Easton EC90 Full Carbon Fork
The bike will be on display physically and digitally at SWW 2012, booth #406.