Back by popular demand, it’s the KeyShot Halloween Rendering Challenge! We’re near the end of October with but a week left before Halloween and the beginning of the holiday season. We’re kicking it off with a rendering contest to give you the opportunity to submit your scariest shot, your most holloweeny scene, a blood-curdling animation or an eye-popping, skin-shriveling creature rendering to send chills down the backs of anyone who gazes upon it.
KeyShot 2013 Halloween Render Challenge
There are loads of wicked awesome new features in KeyShot 4 and this contest gives you the perfect opportunity to combine them with the boundless depths of your creativity and imagination to conjure up a stunning image or animation. Use or create any model you like, render it up in KeyShot and submit it here. We’ll choose the best rendering and the best animation for two very cool grand prizes that include a KeyShot Pro license. Here are all the details.
With this rendering contest, we are very honored to have freelance Lead Character Artist, Jerod Bogh, currently working on creatures for a 3rd consecutive season on NBC’s Grimm, as the featured artist and creator of the vicious pumpkin eater you see above. We are also honored to have Shapeways as sponsor of the contest. Like Landis Fields created prints of his KeyShot renders, Shapeways will be providing a 3D print of the top two winning entries (up to $400). In addition, the best rendering wins a seat of KeyShot Pro and the best animation wins a seat of KeyShot Pro + Animation. All entries receive the enduring admiration of the KeyShot community.
The deadline is Thursday, November 4th, 2013 so get those frightening scenes in the render queue and submit your best! Here are the requirements.
- Submit your entry on this KeyShot forum board as a NEW TOPIC
- Create your scariest or most captivating Halloween rendering or animation
- Rendering and/or animation must be done in KeyShot
- Screenshots, fully rendered images, animations or KeyShotVR’s may be submitted
- Multiple entries are acceptable
- Post edits are acceptable
- The competition is open to everyone
- Team entries are welcome – prize will be transferred to team leader
- Winners must make item available for sale on Shapeways for 90 days minimum
For additional details, prizes and to submit your entry, please visit the KeyShot 2013 Halloween Render Challenge Guidelines here.