Costa Mesa, California, March 14, 2023 - KeyShot 2023 brings a boatload of improvements, helping you work faster and collaborate more easily with your stakeholders. Check out what’s new:
Save time with saved scene templates
Create scene templates to save preset environments, cameras, image style and more. You’ll save time when starting future projects, and you can standardize templates used across your organization, making it easier for different teams to create consistent visuals. Even better? We provide you with three scene templates to start with.
Paint the town: Enjoy more color options and better accuracy
- Color accuracy you can rely on: When sharing visuals across teams, color accuracy can be a real pain – it’s no fun explaining to your boss that her monitor settings are messing with your painstakingly crafted product visual. But you don’t have to worry about this anymore! KeyShot 2023 features automatic color optimizing, meaning it’ll adjust to standard color profiles used across computers.
- New Coloro support: We love Pantone and all, but not everyone has access to it. Coloro is a free, scientifically accurate color library, and KeyShot 2023 features full Coloro support with 3500 colors. Democratizing design so that more people have access to creative resources? Heck yes.
Collaborate seamlessly across your teams and organization
KeyShotWeb allows you to share your scenes with people who don’t have KeyShot. All you need to do is send them a KeyShotWeb link (and you can even make that link secure). Now the KeyShot Web Viewer offers faster load times and features an all-new image gallery to showcase product hero shots alongside your interactive 3D model: just select the images to include when you upload your scene. Visitors may then switch through the images while enjoying smoother viewing experience when switching materials and lighting you’ve configured for your product. Additionally, KeyShot Web Viewer is better optimized for all mobile devices and includes a new AR model for iOS devices.
So if you’re already using KeyShotWeb, you’ll enjoy a much smoother experience (and so will your stakeholders). And if you’re new to KeyShotWeb, just know you’re getting the speediest version yet!
Amp up your animations, no matter your machine power
That’s right: KeyShot 2023 features faster, more accurate animations, even on computers that haven’t been souped up with extra power. Physics simulations are now more realistic than ever before.
Flex your flexibility with these new options
- KeyShot 2023 features the ability to render layers using the open-source EXR option, meaning you’re no longer limited to the Adobe .psd output.
- Material capabilities include new Material Graph nodes for Fade Curve Animation to control texture animation and Ray Mask to mask out the front or backside of an object or various light properties. The Material Information Manager for Color, Material, Finish (CMF) now supports AxF meta-data import and the ability to add additional material properties.
- On top of this, KeyShot has partnered with Twinbru Fabrics to offer beautiful digital twin fabric materials. Material capabilities include new Material Graph nodes for Fade Curve Animation to control texture animation and Ray Mask to mask out the front or backside of an object or various light properties. The Material Information Manager for Color, Material, Finish (CMF) now supports AxF meta-data import and the ability to add additional material properties.
But wait, there’s more! A LOT more.
Here’s a quick summary of all the new features and improvements in KeyShot 2023:
- Color Profile Detection
- Coloro Color Library
- Updated RAL Colors
- Updated PANTONE Matching
- Image Texture Formats
- Optimized Physics Simulation
- Curve Fade Animation Node and Ray Mask Utility Node
- Meta Data Import – Twinbru includes all of the materials
- Add Material Properties
- Multi-layer EXR Output
- ASE Color Export
- Losless TIFF Compression
- Scene Templates
- Multi-select Camera, Environment, Image Styles
- New Welcome Window
- Web Viewer Image Gallery updates
- New Web Viewer AR/VR mode
- Full 2023.1 Change Log
Luxion is a leading developer of advanced 3D rendering and lighting technology. KeyShot is the first real-time ray tracing application that uses a physically correct render engine based on scientific research in the areas of scientifically accurate material representation and global illumination. Addressing the visualization needs of designers, engineers, marketing professionals, photographers, and CG specialists, KeyShot breaks down the complexity of creating photographic images and animations from 3D digital data. Luxion’s customer list includes many of the Fortune 1000 product manufacturers and major industrial design companies including Google, Chrysler, Coca-Cola, Fossil, Rolex, Louis Vuitton, Victoria’s Secret, HP, Microsoft, Philips, Under Armour, Adidas, and many more. Please visit keyshot.com for more information and follow KeyShot on Linkedin.
Vice President of Marketing
+1 (949) 274-8871
KeyShot is a registered trademark of Luxion ApS. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.