If at any time you have questions about our practices and the details found below, you may reach out to Luxion as data controller at [email protected].
Data controller and contact information:
Attn: Office of the Data Controller
575 Anton Blvd Suite 650
Costa Mesa, CA 92626 USA
Phone: +1 (949) 274-8871
Be aware that Luxion has not appointed a representative within EU because of the exemption within Article 27 (2) (a) of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
What information do we collect?
We request and/or process personal data from you when you visit and perform an action on our website, register our software and use of our software. The following is the data we request and/or process for different actions you perform on the website or when contacting us in any other way.
When contacting us, requesting support, or registering on our site, you may be asked to provide your:
- E-mail address
- Company name
- Mailing address
- Phone number
When requesting support, additional information may include:
- Software details
- Hardware details
When ordering a product, additional information may include:
- Billing address
- Credit card information
When using KeyShot plugins, additional information may include:
- CAD software and version (shared anonymously and only if analytics is enabled in KeyShot)
Other information that may automatically be captured when visiting our site, activating your licenses, or submitting a form include:
- IP address
- MAC address
- Time of visit and/or time of form submission
- Computer hostname
When becoming as a user of the software, we will obtain the following information to comply with the subscribed license agreement (e.g., if we suspect that the license is being used fraudulently by others) as well as for sale and marketing purposes as further described below:
- Product name
- Product version
- Unique hardware identifiers
- Active MAC address
- Company name
- Process ID
- Language, country, time zone
- Operating system
- CPU model
- Machine type (desktop/laptop/server)
- License information
If you are a user of our software and we suspect that the license is subject to piracy copyright infringements following investigations through our automatic fraud detection software, we may process further information depending on the specific case if fraud has been confirmed.
What legal basis do we have for processing personal data for the legitimate purposes?
Processing of your personal data requires a legal basis. Processing of your data is only done when necessary to provide the relevant information for the stated purpose. These purposes and legal bases are:
- Providing software licensing information in accordance with the contract cf. Article 6 (1) (b) of the GDPR.
- Providing software update and upgrade information in accordance with the contract cf. Article 6 (1) (b) of the GDPR.
- Providing answers to queries about updates, upgrades, issues, and licensing due to our legitimate interest in being able to provide customer support cf. Article 6 (1) (f) of the GDPR and to comply with the contract cf. Article 6 (1) (b) of the GDPR.
- Providing communication about updates, upgrades, issues, and licensing due to our legitimate interest in being able to provide the required security and safety cf. Article 6 (1) (f) of the GDPR and to comply with the contract cf. Article 6 (1) (b) of the GDPR.
- Providing communication via email in the form of newsletters, special offers, and event promotion if you have provided a prior consent cf. Article 6 (1) (a) of the GDPR and in accordance with local marketing spam rules. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails and thereby also the processing of personal data for this purpose, we always include an unsubscribe option at the bottom of each email.
- Providing ongoing service and support as well as improving customer service based on our legitimate interest in being able to provide the best possible customer support cf. Article 6 (1) (f) of the GDPR.
- Fraud detection due to our legitimate interest in being able to protect our intellectual property rights cf. Article 6 (1) (f) of the GDPR.
- To administer a contest, promotion, satisfaction survey, market survey, or other site feature based on our legitimate interest in being able to improve our products and services as well as to administrate and deliver prices to a winner of a contest cf. Article 6 (1) (f) of the GDPR.
- The email address you provide for order processing may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product, or service information, etc. due to our legitimate interest in being able to provide the best possible service cf. Article 6 (1) (f) of the GDPR and to comply with the contract cf. Article 6 (1) (b) of the GDPR.
- Carry out analysis, statistics, improve our website, improve the software, and personalize your experience based on our commercial legitimate interest in being able to profit and to develop our products and services to the benefit of both you and us cf. Article 6 (1) (f) of the GDPR.
- Establish, exercise, or defend legal claims, including court proceedings, and obtaining legal advice due to our legitimate interest in being able to protect our intellectual property rights cf. Article 6 (1) (f) of the GDPR and when we are subject to a legal obligation or requirement from public authorities or the law cf. Article 6 (1) (c) of the GDPR.
- For the purposes of detecting and combating fraud, piracy or other criminal or malicious activities due to our legitimate interest in being able to protect and enforce our intellectual property rights, seek compensation and to cancel current agreements cf. Article 6 (1) (f) of the GDPR.
- For bookkeeping reasons in accordance with applicable legal obligations cf. Article 6 (1) (c) of the GDPR.
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
To personalize your experienceYour information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
To improve our websiteWe continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
To improve customer serviceYour information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
To process transactionsYour information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
To administer a contest, promotion, survey, or other site feature
To send periodic emailsThe email address you provide for order processing may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product, or service information, etc.
To detect fraudWe may process your personal data in the context of the business relationship, for the purposes of detecting and combating fraud or other criminal or malicious activities, e.g., protecting and enforcing our intellectual property rights.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we always include an unsubscribe option at the bottom of each email.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied personal and credit information is transmitted via Transport Layer Security technology (TLSv1 minimum) and then encrypted into our payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, your financial information (credit cards, CVC, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s computer tied to information about the user. Luxion sets a cookie when you log into KeyShot Cloud. This cookie is required for single sign-on access to your KeyShot Account. Purchases on the KeyShot website are processed by 2Checkout, which sets cookies to store information about products, quantity, billing and shipping information during the purchase process. These cookies are categorized as necessary cookies cf. Article 6 (1) (b) of the GDPR not requiring a prior consent.
We, along with third-party vendors (such as Google), use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the Google advertising cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website. We only place these cookies with your prior consent cf. Article 6 (1) (a) of the GDPR.
Do we transfer personal data abroad?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer personal data to outside parties. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also transfer your information to the police, authorities, courts, accountants, and lawyers when we believe the transfer is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. Our legal bases for transferring personal data to these recipients are Article 6(1)(c) (legal obligation) or Article 6 (1) (f) of the GDPR (our legitimate interest in being able to establish, exercise or defend legal claims). Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Do we use third-party links?
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Deletion of personal data
We will delete your personal data when we no longer need to process it in relation to one or more of the purposes set out above. Generally, we will store the most current data provided for as long as you use our Services or for as long as necessary to exercise, establish or defend legal claims.
However, the data may be processed and stored for a longer period after you no longer use the services in order to provide you information on orders and services, and/or for us to improve the Services. Personal data may also be stored for a longer period of time in anonymized form.
You are at any time entitled to gain access to the personal we process about you, but with certain legislative exceptions. You also have the right to object to the collection and further processing of your personal data including profiling/automated decision-making. Furthermore, you have the right to have your personal data rectified, erased, or blocked. Moreover, you may have the right to receive information about you that you have provided to us, and the right to have this information transmitted to another data controller (data portability).
Conditions générales d'utilisation
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website at www.keyshot.com/terms.
Contact and complaints
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA) and believe we maintain your personal data subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you may direct questions or complaints to your National Data Protection Authority (DPA):