Render On Your Network
KeyShot Network Rendering allows you to connect multiple computer systems in your office network and utilize the available hardware to reduce rendering times significantly. In addition, rendering over the network is convenient. You may continue working in KeyShot or any other application without slowing down your system while the designated rendering stations process your render “jobs”.
How It Works
KeyShot Network Rendering consists of three roles: Clients, Manager, and Workers. A computer configured as a manager and/or worker can also function as a client. In the manager’s case, KeyShot (the client application) communicates internally with the manager service which runs in the background. Learn more about the KeyShot Network Rendering roles.
The Power of KeyShot Network Rendering
The KeyShot Network Rendering software is compatible with macOS, Windows and Linux. And like KeyShot, Network Rendering (9.1 and newer) can process jobs in both CPU and GPU mode, depending on the abilities of the connected Workers.
The more cores you have, the faster your visuals render.
How Many Cores Do You Need?
For CPU jobs, the correlation between render time and number of cores in your network is approximately linear and inversely proportional. In other words, by doubling the number of cores you potentially cut your render time in half. The performance of KeyShot Network Rendering is dependent on your CPU specification. To obtain the best results, select high performance processors, e.g. Intel Xeon or AMD Threadripper.
With GPU rendering the Render time can be even lower. E.g. Rendering on an NVIDIA RTX GPU will be 4-6 times faster than on an i7. You don’t need a specific license to be able to render on the GPU. Each GPU will just take up 16 of the cores included in your License. Visit the GPU Mode page in the KeyShot Manual, for more information about requirements and limitations.
KeyShot Network Rendering Features
- Manager/Worker System – KeyShot install not required on Worker
- Network Render Queue – render jobs can be submitted by everyone
- Easy Install and Admin – simply install and follow the instructions
- Simple Updates – downloaded from within the network queue
- User Manager – allows user accounts to be managed over jobs in queue
- Automatic Worker Enlistment – detected through Manager
- Job Queue – shows current frame rendering and remaining job time
- Job Prioritization – Queue allows jobs to be added and reprioritized
- Unlimited Worker Support – with any number of CPU or GPU cores
- Worker Tray Application – allows quick update on the network
- Partial Image Download – download results before render is complete
- Worker Scheduling – scheduled enabled slave usage on for set times
- Worker Management – add or remove a slave at anytime
- Version Compatibility – works with all versions of KeyShot
- Support for macOS, PC, and Linux
Increase Your Power with KeyShot Network Rendering
KeyShot Network Rendering is a separately licensed product available for KeyShot, KeyShot Pro, KeyShot Pro Floating, and KeyShot Enterprise licenses. You can buy KeyShot Network Rendering now in the KeyShot store as well as browse our other products, upgrades, and add-ons.