Last updated April 8th, 2020. Replaces the prior version in its entirety.
The KeyShot Cloud Community Guidelines
KeyShot Cloud is a platform for designers, engineers, and 3d professionals around the world to share their KeyShot resources and to discover the resources of others. To help us keep the quality of our community high, please follow these guidelines when posting and sharing your resources. If you come across content that violates these guidelines, please let us know by clicking the ‘report’ button you’ll find in the details panel of every resource.
1. Only Upload Your Own Work:
The KeyShot Cloud is a platform for sharing your own KeyShot resources — not for uploading or sharing other people’s resources that you like. If you want to show your appreciation for someone else’s work, you can select the resource and click the “Like” button. Do not upload other people’s resources into your own portfolio. Do not upload resources that you have purchased including photos, textures, HDRI’s, materials or any combination of the previous that may have been bundled in a purchased package created by another person or company. This creates confusion about who originally created the resource.
2. Refrain From Posting Explicit Content (or Share It Privately):
The KeyShot Cloud is for sharing resources to use in the KeyShot software. This may include images that are used as Backplates or Textures. Images with explicit content may be deemed inappropriate for the site and placed into the moderation queue for review. Many countries, schools and companies block software that does not provide a safe environment so, by keeping this content out of the resources, we keep your resources and others’ resources available to as broad of an audience as possible.
- Your Resource Is “Safe” If: It is appropriate for an audience of all ages and geographies, and you wouldn’t get in trouble for looking at it at work. Anything safe can be seen by everyone everywhere, whether they’re registered with the KeyShot Cloud or not.
- Your Creative Will Be Put Into Moderation If: It contains nudity, expletives, violence or any other material making it unsuitable for a younger audience, a global audience or people at work. Content of this nature will be placed into moderation if reported and removed if the content is deemed inappropriate for the site. If there is a regular occurrence of posting explicit content, the user may be banned from further activity. Also, please don’t put adult content in your profile picture.
- Share Your Resources Privately If: It depicts sexual acts, more extreme or graphic nudity, highly offensive content or graphically violent content. Although this type of content is legal in many countries, we don’t allow it in projects shared publicly on The KeyShot Cloud. If you want to share it privately, make sure you’re sharing it only with willing recipients who are over 18 and who live in a country where the content you’re sharing is legal.
- Don’t Upload It At All If: your content depicts minors in a sexual manner, or is otherwise legally obscene or illegal. We report any material exploiting minors to the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC) Cyber Tip Line. We also don’t allow content that clearly is intended to promote hatred.
3. Respect Intellectual Property Rights:
Don’t present other people’s resources as your own or overstate your own role in creating something. Don’t use other people’s trademarks or the registered trademark of a company without permission. If you aren’t sure whether your use of someone else’s content or trademark in your own work is legal, you can consult publicly available reference materials at the U.S. Copyright Office website, the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office website, the Chilling Effects website, or talk to an intellectual property attorney. If you want to report misuse of your own resources or your own trademark by one of our users, you can do that here.
4. Respect Privacy:
Don’t use The KeyShot Cloud to reveal private information about other people. And don’t upload photographic portraits or nude images of identifiable people without their permission.