Author Topic: Keyshot 4 64 crashes as soon as I open the materials Lib.  (Read 4491 times)

Offline Geronimo66

Keyshot 4 64 crashes as soon as I open the materials Lib.
« on: November 19, 2013, 06:55:51 am »

As it says, I imported a wire file and hit M to open the matl. Lib.  It hangs and becomes unresponsive.   I tried opening Keyshot again, and without a math file loaded I hit M again with the same results.

Offline Ruckus

• Some mistakes are too much fun to make only once!
Re: Keyshot 4 64 crashes as soon as I open the materials Lib.
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 07:01:01 am »
One or more of your material files is bad.  Move everything out to a temp folder, then move sub folders back in until you get the crash.  After determining which subfolder the material is in, do the same with the individual material files.

Offline Geronimo66

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 09:06:24 am »
:(   

hmmm wonder how that happened.  Its a fresh install...  I've been running it on my PC and just added it to my laptop...   

Offline Ruckus

• Some mistakes are too much fun to make only once!
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 09:50:13 am »
...well, that was just my guess.  I've seen the problem about a dozen times with ~20 users over the last 3 years - but never with a fresh installation.  It usually happens when moving from one version to another, or when opening an old package.

Another wild guess:  When you imported that wire file, maybe KS added a material it found in the .wire?  (we pretty much just use KS on Maya files here, so I don't have much experience importing Alias)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 11:36:00 am by Ruckus »

Offline Geronimo66

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 10:46:20 am »
Yea, maybe.  Its a good place to start figuring it out.  ;)    Thanks for the heads up.

Offline Chad Holton

• Portfolio
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 12:09:24 pm »
Let us know what you find out. Just curious, was KeyShot working fine on your laptop until you imported a particular Alias file or was opening the material library always an issue on your laptop?