Author Topic: Displaying geometry badly  (Read 4757 times)

Offline number12

Displaying geometry badly
« on: May 08, 2013, 07:38:39 am »
I'm having some issues with Keyshot displaying a shape correctly. (I am quite new to Keyshot so sorry if this is a dumb question) but I have been working with a model in Maya, it was a sphere that was booleaned to leave a segment of the sphere, almost like a slice of orange skin but when I import the file into Keyshot the curvature of the segment is straightened out and I'm really at a loss to know why this is happening.

Is there something I should be doing in Maya like triangulating (which I have incidentally tried to no effect) or is it an issue with Keyshot?

Offline Despot

• KeyShot Beta
  • Despots rule OK
Re: Displaying geometry badly
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 08:05:18 am »
This is in the wrong section, this area is for sharing models

Upload the .obj or .fbx and I will take a look for you - but it sounds to me like it's an issue with how it's being exported from Maya

J

Offline number12

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 08:43:49 am »
K, sorry.

Just in case anyone else finds this issue it's an issue with Maya and not Keyshot. I have subsequently sorted it.

Offline NDenekamp

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 09:48:11 am »
Do you mean the geometry comes in faceted instead of smooth looking?

I believe this could be to do with the file format and wether it saves polygon smoothing etc. If faceting is the problem, you could try exporting from maya in a different KeyShot compatible file format.

N