Author Topic: STEP import from Ashlar Cobalt incomplete, other formats fail  (Read 4437 times)

Offline RonR

STEP import from Ashlar Cobalt incomplete, other formats fail
« on: January 26, 2012, 04:24:00 pm »
I am using a just downloaded trial version, and I have come across some questions. 

I am importing STEP files from Ashlar Cobalt, using a Mac running Lion, and the rendering is amazing, easy and fast- except that a few surfaces are missing- by that I mean solids have missing faces.  IGES import failed and gave an error message, STEP import gave no errors, but some surfaces are absent.  DXF failed as well.  I don't see any other formats to try.  I'm pretty careful about the geometry, and the parts all check out well internally as far as Cobalt is concerned.  I would really like KeyShot to work for me, but so far it isn't. 

guest84672

Re: STEP import from Ashlar Cobalt incomplete, other formats fail
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 05:52:14 am »
Can you share examples so we can take a look? You can either post here or send to [email protected]

Offline RonR

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 10:24:26 am »
I'm sending the zipped .STP file to the support email. Thanks.

Offline RonR

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 11:50:38 am »
Just an update- I recalled that Cobalt has generated problem files in the past if a conic section was used.  I went back and rebuilt the parts converting the conic to a bezier curve, they imported into KeyShot fine.