Author Topic: Lines of light?  (Read 1798 times)

Offline melvinraju

Lines of light?
« on: August 03, 2017, 02:02:54 pm »
can someone tell me why there are block/lines of light coming down my model.
any fixes?

Offline LayC42

• mostly harmless
Re: Lines of light?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 11:51:15 pm »
Hello Melvin

Sorry - I have no idea what do you mean and how I can help you.
Perhaps add some marks on your render, so we can see what's wrong?!

Cheers
Marco

Offline Will Gibbons

• willgibbons.com
    • My Website
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 06:51:58 am »
If I understand correctly, it looks like this is a tessellation issue. Try increasing the tessellation value upon import. You can also try right-clicking on the part and selecting 'edit geometry', then try the edit normals option. Next, click 'calculate normals', then accept the changes and see if it looks better.

Offline mattjgerard

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2017, 09:05:43 am »
If I understand correctly, it looks like this is a tessellation issue. Try increasing the tessellation value upon import. You can also try right-clicking on the part and selecting 'edit geometry', then try the edit normals option. Next, click 'calculate normals', then accept the changes and see if it looks better.

The calculate normals trick works most of the time for my imported models. I wish there was a quick and easy way to do that globally instead of part by part, maybe be able to do the operation to a group. That would be fantastic.

Offline Will Gibbons

• willgibbons.com
    • My Website
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 07:40:40 am »

The calculate normals trick works most of the time for my imported models. I wish there was a quick and easy way to do that globally instead of part by part, maybe be able to do the operation to a group. That would be fantastic.

Me too. It should be able to be done upon import using the import options if I'm not mistaken.

Offline mattjgerard

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2017, 08:34:47 am »

Me too. It should be able to be done upon import using the import options if I'm not mistaken.

Aww dang, I'll have to check that out!

Offline melvinraju

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2017, 09:20:55 am »
hi i cant find an edit geometry button im using keyshot 5.0 pro

Offline richardfunnell

• ID Rendering + KeyShot Workflow
    • My page
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2017, 11:29:00 am »
KeyShot 5 does not have the ability to edit geometry, this feature is in KeyShot 6/7.