Author Topic: Highlights are changing when adjusting the render resolution  (Read 2085 times)

Offline x11d

Highlights are changing when adjusting the render resolution
« on: January 26, 2017, 04:02:51 am »
Hello,
I am having a problem of disappearing highlights when changing to higher rendering resolutions: The realtime rendering looks like I want it to be, also when rendering in a 1920x1080 reslution. But when rendering in higher resolution in up to 7680x4320 the hightlits are almost completely gone.

I have done many quite similar renderings, but I never realized this behaviour.
Did anybody have that phenomena before and even more important: Can anybody give me a hint how to solve that? I have tried to change the render advanced settings in many ways, but I am not getting my desired result.

By the way: The screenshots are not fully rendered to the 150samples on the higher resultions, but even when waiting until the fully samples are reached the highlights are not getting better.

Stephan
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 04:43:34 am by x11d »

Offline Rex

• Global Moderator
Re: Highlights are changing when adjusting the render resolution
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 11:26:12 am »
Hey Stephan,

What material is that? Are you rendering with Maximum Samples mode?

Could you send us an example file? You can send to rex@luxion.com via keyshot.wetransfer.com

Thanks

Offline x11d

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 01:56:05 pm »
Hi Rex,
thanks for your reply. I sent you an email including a link to the uploaded scene.

Stephan

Offline Rex

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 04:10:56 pm »
It looks like it is the Mold-Tech texture causing the issue. We will investigate but for now I suggest using a different bump map and the plastic material.

Offline x11d

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 03:38:55 am »
 Rex,
Thanks a lot. As you mentioned, the reason was the texture. I created another material with the material editor ... works great now.

Stephan  :)