Author Topic: Specific FOAM Material - Need Advice  (Read 3074 times)

Offline Artur

Specific FOAM Material - Need Advice
« on: December 16, 2015, 09:13:42 am »
Hi guys in the forum,

Im having some issues regarding a strange material (pics attached) I have to recreate using KS6.

I am currently trying to solve this issue using the material graph and PS, and I am still far away from a convincing result.(screenshot attached)

Any advices on how to solve this one?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Will Gibbons

• willgibbons.com
    • My Website
Re: Specific FOAM Material - Need Advice
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2015, 09:53:44 am »
Looks pretty close... what happens when you change that plastic material type in mat graph to metal?

Offline Artur

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 12:52:15 am »
Hi fellow KS user,

I followed your advice and made it a bit further using a label material to see if I can use this to make the texture stand out.
I cannot get rid of the reflecting look but the overall bump seems to be heading in the right direction.

If you want I can share the texture maps for you to take a look and maybe test your solution.

Looks pretty close... what happens when you change that plastic material type in mat graph to metal?

Offline Will Gibbons

• willgibbons.com
    • My Website
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 09:29:43 am »
Sometimes metal is too reflective. My next suggestion is trying to change from metal material type to metallic paint. Many of us use metallic paint as a default material type because it seems to offer the most control (even for non-metal materials).

Give that a shot and you should be able to nail it.