Author Topic: KeyShot Website and Forum Updates  (Read 12876 times)

Offline Josh Mings

• Global Moderator
    • keyshot.com
Re: KeyShot Website and Forum Updates
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2015, 08:45:49 am »
Thanks all. We'll keep tweakin'. Still some things to iron out. Thanks again for the feedback.

Offline Artbot

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2015, 02:33:22 pm »
My Vote-- Too white. Too big. Everything is allotted too much space.

Offline PhilippeV8

• PV8-Portfolio
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2015, 02:25:41 am »
I like it the way it is now.  Only wonder why I keep having to login at least once a day since recently.

Offline jhiker

« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2015, 02:42:11 am »
I cannot stay logged-in either....
The 'stay logged-in' box is checked.

Offline Despot

• KeyShot Beta
  • Despots rule OK
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2015, 08:13:20 am »
The Log-in issue was happening to me, now it's corrected itself

I'm getting used to the forum now, but I've got admit I still don't like the white vastness - it gives me snow blindness

J

Online Speedster

« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2015, 09:03:34 am »
I still have to log in every time.  Stay Logged In is checked.  Started about three days ago.  Real pain, but at least now I have memorized my password!
Bill G

Offline HaroldL

« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2015, 05:05:50 pm »
Thanks all. We'll keep tweakin'. Still some things to iron out. Thanks again for the feedback.

I was looking at the Gallery and cannot select between Artists or Company's, it is stuck on All and clicking on the page numbers does nothing either.

Online Speedster

« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2015, 06:33:21 am »
Regarding the log-in issue:  Actually, my PC remembers my log-in info.  It's just that the "Always remain logged in" does not work.  I don't have to enter the info each time, only click Log-in to connect.  The issue must be within the Forum website.

Re:  White-on-white-on-white.  This is a serious issue with all of us I'm sure.  It's really blinding, and screws up my eyes for like 10 minutes every time I visit.  I work with several ophthalmologists (as clients) and they all agree that a rapid transition from ambient lighting, like a darkened office, to a blinding white monitor is very harmful to the retina and color receptors.  Also, at 69, I'm perhaps a bit older than most of you guys, so my "floaters" (trust me, they suck, and are a result of aging) are absolutely insane against this white.

Speaking of eye health, I've shared this important issue in the past.  PLEASE practice the 20/20/20 rule!  About every 20 minutes, take a break from your monitor and look at stuff 20 feet away for about 20 seconds.  This allows your eyeball to return to its natural shape, and will help prevent Dry Eye Syndrome, which is caused mostly by extended focus on a small area like a computer monitor.  I've been doing this stuff for many years now, and trust me, the time to start protecting your eyes is when you're young!  Or you'll be looking for another line of work in 20 years!

Please!  Do something about this god-awful white screen!

Bill G

Offline Despot

• KeyShot Beta
  • Despots rule OK
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2015, 07:11:24 am »
Well said Bill...

I'm touching 50 and have floaters too, which are greatly exacerbated by this white screen

Why not have it customisable ?, default it to white, but enable the user to change it

J

Offline TpwUK

• KeyShot Beta
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2015, 07:20:38 am »
Well said Bill...

I'm touching 50 and have floaters too, which are greatly exacerbated by this white screen

Why not have it customisable ?, default it to white, but enable the user to change it

J

+1 here

Martin

Offline HaroldL

« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2015, 12:02:36 pm »
Along with the white screen you have to contend with the font sizes. Luckily a Ctrl+Mouse Wheel zoom will take care of that for me here on the forum. My current zoom level is set to 150% to make it readable without eyestrain.
That is not so much an option inside a  program. With today's screens reaching higher and higher resolutions the default text height is appearing smaller and smaller. I've checked into changing the default text height in Windows but it screws things up in some programs because of hard coded icon size and font size. When I watch some of the YouTube Webinars I can barely make out the text on the Keyshot or Photoshop screens, even with the video in full screen mode.
It may be likely that  most programmers are still enjoying their youthful vigor and have yet to be confronted with the ravages of age, like diminishing eyesight, floaters, etc. Makes one wonder how they will contend with the fruits of their own work when they get up in age and need visual assistance.