Author Topic: KeyShot Website and Forum Updates  (Read 14734 times)

Offline Josh Mings

• Administrator
    • keyshot.com
KeyShot Website and Forum Updates
« on: October 08, 2015, 08:13:39 am »
As you may notice, we've updated the KeyShot website and forum.

The forum is now full responsive to match your browser width or mobile. Logging into the forum will also log you into the KeyShot store where, if you have made purchases through it, will show all of your order information and history.

If you have trouble logging in or posting topics, please clear your browser cookies.

If you see anything out of place, have trouble finding things or have ideas for improvements, please let us know.

Offline Despot

• KeyShot Beta
  • Despots rule OK
Re: KeyShot Website and Forum Updates
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 09:30:12 am »
Thanks... but Boo !! Hiss !! bring back the old format

This is too confusing for my old eyes, it looks like a CSS Style Sheet problem !!

Sorry :(

J

Offline MWo

• Senior Technical Consultant @ INNEO (Germany)
    • german KeyShot page from INNEO Solutions
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 10:45:32 am »
Yeah, I like the new style.
But I'm missing the go down link. That helps very much instead scrolling with a mobile device.

Offline Speedster

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 10:59:14 am »
Hate it!  Sorry guys, but it's really hard on the eyes, hard to track down, hard to follow threads, and overall not really very attractive.  Personal opinion, but the old look was way easier to navigate and enjoy.

On my BOXX and EIZO 21" monitor, the new font looks to be about 60 point!

Blah!!

Bill G

Offline Despot

• KeyShot Beta
  • Despots rule OK
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2015, 12:52:23 pm »
I agree with Bill, the expanse of white is extremely hard on the eyes. Also, for pure white studio renders, the image blends in seamlessly with the page background, which is bizzare...

Also, the page is not formatting correctly for me in Chrome, my profile avatar image is overlayed on top of the 'Show new replies to your posts' link

J

Offline Speedster

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2015, 05:01:33 pm »
Well, I keep checking in hoping I'll get used to it.  Not!  The blast of white is painful on my eyes, as I work in a darkened office.  It's impossible to scroll down like before without getting lost, so I basically give up and leave.

Really, guys- this new look really sucks.  I won't be back very often.  Sad, as I used to check in several times a day at the minimum.

By the way- renderings and images look awful now!  And against white they really wash out.  That's one reason, as I understand it, that KeyShot (the app) uses a soft grey or optional dark grey or black as a background.  I could not use KeyShot if the only option is white, as it burns the color receptors and totally trashes contrast and color.

Bill G

Offline Steve

• Believe In Steve
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2015, 12:00:08 am »
Also, the page is not formatting correctly for me in Chrome, my profile avatar image is overlayed on top of the 'Show new replies to your posts' link

This happens in Firefox also.
And the white reminds me of an old joke about the flag of the German East Frisians: White eagle on white background.
Agreed, it is painful to read. And where are the separator lines between the posts?

Steve

Offline jhiker

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2015, 01:10:35 am »
I agree with most of these posts - too much white, I think - and everythings a bit too BIG.
The top banner where it shows 'new posts' and 'replies' is just plain ugly and looks like an afterthought.
Needs more work, fellas!

Offline Despot

• KeyShot Beta
  • Despots rule OK
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2015, 01:56:47 am »
Agree with Jhiker...

In my screendump I've highlighted the layout issue. Also, where is Private Message access ? I cannot even access them from my profile

I far as I can see at the moment, the only way to access them is to click on another users profile, and click 'send PM', only then can I get to my inbox/sentbox etc...

How crazy is that ?   :-\

J

Offline edwardo

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2015, 04:33:07 am »
Sorry, but I hate this too! Im dyslexic and pure B&W text plays havoc with that, also the font size is gigantic. Overall Im just getting quite lost. Jeez, I might have to switch to bunk speed now   ;)

Offline jhiker

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2015, 05:16:57 am »
And this is what I see on the 'Learning' page from the Keyshot website. It's awful - just a vast expanse of nothingness....
Can't see anything useful without scrolling down half a page.

Offline Despot

• KeyShot Beta
  • Despots rule OK
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2015, 05:51:35 am »
Seriously, I know how much work goes into this kind of thing, I used to be a Web Designer...

And I also understand that visually there is now some cohesion with the website etc,  but unfortunately, in this instance, it's at the cost of usability.

J

« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 06:22:35 am by Despot »

Offline Josh Mings

• Administrator
    • keyshot.com
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2015, 06:57:12 am »
Hi everyone, thanks for this feedback. We'll definitely make updates with it and improve everything.

Offline Speedster

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2015, 07:04:45 am »
Easy fix- just use CTRL+Z to revert back to the old forum!
Bill G

Offline Despot

• KeyShot Beta
  • Despots rule OK
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2015, 07:25:15 am »
Easy fix- just use CTRL+Z to revert back to the old forum!
Bill G

Funny Bill :), for a silly minute I was actually going to try that  :-[