Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Render Settings / Re: Import folders from Alias Automotive 2018
« Last post by HH_KS_7 on Today at 01:01:00 am »
Update:

Parts are organised into the right folders when the same file is imported into Keyshot 6.2 - I'm now even more stumped, help!
Amazing Shots / Re: EO 2018
« Last post by Esben Oxholm on Today at 12:04:22 am »
I've seen all of this on Instagram but you can't have a true appreciation for it until you see it in high-res! Awesome work as always.
Oh, and I actually disagree with the scaling of the concrete being too big - I don't see an issue with it.
Looking forward to keeping an eye on this thread!
Thanks buddy!

Top notch work as always ! Great attention to details.
Keepers in my book.
Tim
Thanks, Tim. Appreciate your input :)
Amazing Shots / Re: Official Nike Airmax 2018
« Last post by Esben Oxholm on Today at 12:02:33 am »
Thanks for sharing, Diegoev.
Pretty cool case study.

Looking forward to see more!
Bugs and issues / Re: KS7 Windows 10 - UV mapping issue
« Last post by tomlai on April 25, 2018, 11:31:18 pm »
KS 7.3.37 Windows 10
When replacing a non-square UVW mapped texture, KS default forces the new texture to fit a square.
Only by clicking unlink and manually setting Scale to 1 do we get original UVW mapping.

I thought this was fixed in KS 7.2
General discussion / Re: Simple material graph question
« Last post by dmorcos on April 25, 2018, 10:46:03 pm »
Wow! Thank you for sharing this! I really appreciate that! Will definitely utilize this :)
Models / F1 in Schools - Nam Phong Racing
« Last post by namphongracing on April 25, 2018, 09:27:05 pm »
Hello everyone,
We're Nam Phong Racing representing Vietnam in the F1 in Schools World Finals 2018. Here are some images of the render of our car. Please feel free to give us your input on our renders and tips on how to improve it!

You can find us on our Facebook, Instagram and Twitter at @namphongracing
Amazing Animations / F1 in Schools - Nam Phong Racing
« Last post by namphongracing on April 25, 2018, 09:24:01 pm »
Hello everyone,
We're Nam Phong Racing representing Vietnam in the F1 in Schools World Finals 2018. Here are some images of the render of our car. Please feel free to give us your input on our renders and tips on how to improve it!

You can find us on our Facebook, Instagram and Twitter at @namphongracing
Amazing Shots / Re: Harley Davidson
« Last post by cjwidd on April 25, 2018, 08:44:37 pm »
The lighting and surface imperfections really work well together in these shots. Awesome stuff +1
Amazing Shots / Re: Official Nike Airmax 2018
« Last post by cjwidd on April 25, 2018, 08:42:46 pm »
That's so cool to see Keyshot being used at this level of production
General discussion / Re: Simple material graph question
« Last post by TGS808 on April 25, 2018, 07:13:33 pm »
Using a normal map instead of a standard bump map will get you pretty good results with a fairly simple setup in the material graph. This is just black paint with the normal added in the bump. It looks good on pretty much any surface. I've used it on painted surfaces and on glass and it looks good on both. You can make your own normal map or search for one. I've attached the one I used in the example so you can try it out. When using it (or any normal map), make sure to check the "Normal Map" box seen at the bottom right of the material graph window. If it's not checked, it won't work properly.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10