The rendering speed you need
Connect KeyShot with 3ds Max
If you’re using 3ds Max for architecture, animation or visual effects, you’ll benefit from KeyShot’s innovative and intuitive 3D rendering. KeyShot’s 3ds Max plugin provides a seamless connection between the two software programs, helping you render faster and more easily, with stunningly realistic results.
KeyShot for 3ds Max:
Ahead of the curve,
and easy to use
Ready to take your renderings to the next level? KeyShot is the industry standard for a reason – well, several reasons. 3ds Max users say they appreciate how easy the software is to learn and use, and how much more productive they are thanks to KeyShot’s powerful 3D rendering capacity.
KeyShot Benefits for
3ds Max Users
Everything inside KeyShot happens in real-time. It uses unique rendering technology that makes it possible to see all changes to materials, lighting, and cameras instantly. You don’t need to hit the render button and wait for minutes or hours to wait for the results. As soon as you assign a material to a part, you will see what a material will look like under the given lighting conditions.
KeyShot doesnʼt require any special hardware or graphics card. It takes full advantage of all cores and threads inside a computer. As your computer gets more powerful, KeyShot becomes faster.
KeyShot is the most accurate 3D rendering solution for your 3D data. It is the first real-time ray tracing application that uses a physically correct render engine based on scientific research in the areas of scientifically accurate material representation and global illumination.
Large Data Sets
KeyShot can handle extremely large data sets. There are no restrictions on the size of the data set as long as the computer has enough memory available. KeyShot is highly optimized which makes it possible to work with models with tens of millions of polygons even on a laptop.
Emmy-Nominated SketchUp and KeyShot Artist: ‘KeyShot is incredibly easy to use’
KeyShot is an indispensable tool for me. Transfer any model you have created to the KeyShot, then create a quality light setup, easily access the materials that come with the cloud library, and then the result is very satisfying. The rapidity of all these processes means that you can spend more time on the artistic part of your work.
KeyShot is much more than just 3D rendering still frames or creating 360-degree product animations. Now you can produce some serious films and animations with it.
Serdar Korkmaz, creative director in the film industry
How to Use the 3ds Max Plugin for KeyShot
- Open your scene or model in 3ds Max.
- Click Render under the KeyShot plugin tab. The plugin will launch KeyShot and transfer the 3D model from 3ds Max to KeyShot.
- To update any changes made in 3ds Max, click the Update command while KeyShot is open. All KeyShot materials, textures, labels, animations, transformations, cameras, and lighting in the scene will be preserved.
- To export your 3ds Max scene as a .bip file, click Export. You can open this .bip file inside KeyShot.
More details on the 3ds Max plugin are available in the KeyShot manual.
The KeyShot for 3ds Max plugin supports these features:
- Parts retain materials and layers
- Objects retain material names
- Support for hair (curves)
- LiveLinking (update model inside KeyShot)
- Support for part and camera animations (requires KeyShot Pro)
- Export of rigged and deformable animations (requires KeyShot Pro)